To create a CHM book, please do the following:
- Press F10 key to open Project settings dialog.
- Select the HTML tab.
- Specify the required settings (including Template).
- Select the CHM tab.
- Specify the required settings.
- Press OK to confirm changes.
- Select the File/Export... menu item or press the Ctrl+Shift+C shorcut keys. Use the dialog box to select the Compiled Help Files type from the drop-down list, select a folder and a file and click OK.
To compile a book into a file of the CHM format, you should select the File/Export... menu item. Use the dialog box to select the folder and the file and click OK.
You will have to install Microsoft HTML Workshop to be able to compile a book into the CHM format. This program is a freeware and you can download it from the Microsoft site.
Download Microsoft HTML Workshop
See. Configuring exporting to the CHM format.